In this post we will going to talk in detail about the Thanksgiving Day Quotes and Sayings. It is to be mentioned that Thanksgiving Day in the United States is a holiday on the fourth Thursday of November. It is basically taken as the day for families and friends to get together for a special meal. The meal often includes a turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, pumpkin pie, and vegetables. Parades are held in some cities and towns on or around Thanksgiving Day. It is even taken as the popular time for trips and to visit family and friends. Most government offices, businesses, schools and other organizations are closed on Thanksgiving Day. It is one of the busiest periods for travel in the USA.
Thanksgiving Day Quotes 2023
Thanksgiving Day has been an annual holiday in the United States since 1863. It firstly took place in the city of El Paso, Texas in 1598. Another early event was held in 1619 in the Virginia Colony. In the second half of the 1600s it became more common and started to become annual events. Let’s have a look at Thanksgiving Day Quotes.
Thanksgiving Day Quotes for Teacher
The best and popular quotes on Thanksgiving Day 2023 are as follows:
- Sweet is the breath of vernal shower, The bee’s collected treasures sweet, Sweet music’s melting fall, but sweeter yet, The still small voice of gratitude.” –Thomas Gray
- When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? No—here’s to the pilot that weathered the storm.” –George Canning
- The gratitude of most men is but a secret desire of receiving greater benefits.” –Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld
- Gratitude is a fruit of great cultivation; you do not find it among gross people.” –Samuel Johnson
- Friendships begin with liking or gratitude—roots that can be pulled up.” –George Eliot
- Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy.” –Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Be aware of what you have in hand rather than to be for what you don’t. Everyone will be grateful for what you have.” —Kurt Avish
- You can check Thanksgiving Day Date.
Thanksgiving Day Quotes for Family:
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” –John F. Kennedy
- A man’s indebtedness is not a virtue; his repayment is. Virtue begins when he dedicates himself actively to the job of gratitude.” –Ruth Benedict
- Thanksgiving, when the Indians said, “Well, this has been fun, but we know you have a long voyage back to England”. –Jay Leno
- Thanksgiving is the day when you turn to another family member and say, “How long has Mom been drinking like this?” My Mom, after six Bloody Marys, looks at the turkey and goes, “Here, kitty, kitty.” –David Letterman
Thanksgiving Day Quotes and Sayings
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
- Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse
- Thanksgiving is a time when the world gets to see just how blessed and how workable the Christian system is. The emphasis is not on giving or buying, but on being thankful and expressing that appreciation to God and to one another.
- Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence.
- There is one day that is ours. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American.
- I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.
- To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do.
Very soon Thanksgiving Day is arriving so don’t forget to wish your loved ones and friends with the help of Thanksgiving Day Quotes. Choose the best quote or sayings for wishing!